Friday, May 16, 2008

Questions (#12): Friday, May 16, 2008

1) Before “In The City” became an Eagles’ hit, Joe Walsh recorded it for a movie soundtrack. What is the title of that movie?
(10 points) 10

2) At the request of President Nixon, they performed at a White House state dinner honoring West German Chancellor Willy Brandt on May 1, 1973. Who were they?
(10 points) 20

3) 1992’s Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough by Patty Smyth features who as a duet partner?
(10 points) 30

4) Who sang “One of Us?”
(10 points) 50

5) Mariah Carey recently had a Number #1 hit with Touch My Body. What year did she have her first number 1 and what was the title?
(5 points each) 50

6) By now, everyone probably knows that Glen Campbell once played in the legendary Beach Boys lineup. But do you know who he replaced from the original lineup?
(10 points) 60

7) His final Top Ten single peaked at Number #8 in 1970. Who is the artist and what is the title of the single?
(5 points each) 70

8) Over the years, Van Halen has toured with various family members in the lineup. Besides Eddie, who are the other ones?
(5 points each) 80

9) He was a very prolific guitarist, arguably the best of his era. The only performance blight on his record may have been that he played on Don Johnson’s solo album in the 80s. Who is he?
(10 points) 90

10) Speaking of prolific guitarists, she’s probably one of the best slide guitarists around. Who is she?
(10 points) 100

7 comments:

pjazzypar said...

1. The Warriors

2. The Carpenters? I chose them because they lived close to where Nixon grew up and he would have deemed them wholesome.

3. Don Henley

4. Joan Osborne

5. 1990, Vision of Love

6. Brian Wilson

7. Elvis, Kentucky Rain? I have no idea, but I try not to ever leave a blank.

8. Alex and Wolfgang

9. Stevie Ray Vaughn?

10. Bonnie Raitt

Editor said...

pjazz,

You did really good with the exception of #7, which was extremely difficult. But yours was an excellent guess...

Malcolm said...

It was almost 3 AM when I realized that I hadn't taken your Friday quiz yet.

1. FM
2. The Osmonds
3. Don Henley
4. Joan Osborne
5. 1990, Vision of Love
6. Brian Wilson
7. Rainy Night In Georgia, Brook Benton
8. Alex and Wolfgang
9. Dweezil Zappa
10. Bonnie Raitt

Editor said...

Malc,

#7 was arguably the hardest question I've asked thus far.

Your answers on #1 & 2 were excellent guesses.

pjazzypar said...

Another great quiz. The way you worded number 9 sort of gave it away. The use of the word "was" implies that the individual was no longer alive.

Malcolm, those were a good guesses on #2 and 7. I couldn't imagine you missing a quiz. I just figured you realized that there was no rush since you had all weekend.

Malcolm said...

I picked Dweezil for #9 because I remember him being in the video for Don Johnson's "Heartbeat". I should have given this quiz more thought instead of rushing my answers. Like one of my brothers said about an unrelated subject years ago, "I blew it, I blew it."

BeckEye said...

I thought of Dweezil too when I saw #9. Ah, what a cutie, unibrow or no.