Monday, May 5, 2008

Questions (#7): Monday, May 5, 2008

1) At least two artists have covered “The Lion Sleeps Tonight.” Name two.
(5 points each) 10

2) When the “Paul is dead” rumors started back in 1967, the phrase “I buried Paul” was thought to be heard on the end on Strawberry Fields Forever. What was Lennon really saying?
(10 points) 20

3) When auditions were held for the forming of the Monkees, he tried out but was rejected. He later went on to have a lucrative career as a fine guitarist for a super trio and sometimes quartet. Who is he?
(10 points) 30

4) The had a Number 1 album in 1995, 25 years after their breakup. Who were they?
(10 points) 40

5) She has a monster hit in 1972 that won a Grammy and actually changed the culture in some countries. She’s from Australia. Name the artist and the hit.
(5 points each) 50

6) The following lyrics are from what song? Name the artist as well.
(5 points each) 60

Cruel baby baby baby why you want to treat me this way
you know I'm still your lover boy I still feel the same way
that's when she told me a story 'bout free milk and a cow
and she said no huggin no kissin until I get a wedding vow
my honey my baby don't put my love upon no shelf
she said don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself

7) They were more of a parody in the mind of Rob Reiner as opposed to a true rock group. Who were they?
(10 points) 70

8) He had some solo success with his album “Ride a Rock Horse.” Who is he?
(10 points) 80

9) Hugely popular in Europe, his debut album was entitled Knight Rocker. Who is he?
(10 points) 90

10) The both covered “Always Something There to Remind Me” and it was huge for both. Who are they?
(5 points each) 100

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

1. Robert John is the only cover that I can come up with. Although I am not sure if it's a cover, I will also say The Tokens.

2. Cranberry sauce

3. Stephen Stills

4. The Beatles

5. Helen Reddy, I Am Woman

6. Keep Your Hands To Yourself by the Georgia Satellites

7. Spinal Tap

8. Rick Dehringer

9. David Hasselhoff

10. Sandie Shaw and Naked Eyes

Editor said...

Malc,

I'll try to drop by. Did real weel with this oneand Derringer was a good guess...