Monday, August 11, 2008

Questions (#49): Monday, August 11, 2008

1) Name the two Best Actress Oscar winners (one from the 70s, the other from the 80s) who have had numerous hits in their music careers.
(5 point each) 10

2) Who does the narration on Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video?
(10 points) 20

3) Who performed the disco hit song “Heaven on the 7th Floor” which rose to #6 on the US charts in 1976?
(10 points) 30

4) Name the two hit songs that came from regular cast members of the Donna Reed Show Shelly Fabres and Paul Petersen. Fabres’ went to #1 and Petersen’s was a hit in 1962.
(5 points each) 40

5) Identify this artist and song by these lyrics.
(5 points each) 50

How can I convince you what you see is real
Who am I to blame you for doubting what you feel
I was always reachin', you were just a girl
I knew I took for granted the friend I have in you

6) Identify these artists who performed these albums.
(2 points each) 60

Pelican West
Can’t Slow Down
Diamond Life
The Secret of Association
Running in the Family

7) What is the name of the group whose members are Denise Pearson, Doris May Pearson, Lorraine Samantha Jean Pearson, Stedman Pearson and Delroy Pearson and what was the name of their 1986 hit album?
(5 points each) 70

8) Who performed these hits from 1980?
(2 points each) 80

“Steal Away”
“Biggest Part of Me”
“We Don’t Talk Anymore”
“Don’t Let Go”
“Stand By Me”

9) The Eagles’ 1975 hit “Lyin’ Eyes” was in what movie soundtrack in 1980?
(10 points) 90

10) “I Got You Babe” was prominent and important to the storyline in what 1993 movie?
(10 points) 100

6 comments:

Malcolm said...

1. Barbra Streisand?, Cher

2. Vincent Price

3. Paul Nicholas

4. Johnny Angel (damn, I can't stand that song!), She Can't Find Her Keys

5. ?

6. Haircut 100 (I played them on my show the other night), Lionel Richie, Sade, Paul Young, and Level 42?

7. Five Star?, All Fall Down?

8. Robbie Dupree, Ambrosia, Cliff Richard, Isaac Hayes? (R.I.P.), and Ronnie Milsap?

9. Urban Cowboy?

10. Sliver?

pjazzypar said...

1. Barbara Steisand, Cher

2. Vincent Price

3. Paul Nicholas

4. Johnny Angel, ?

5.

6. 100 Haircuts, Lionel Richie, Sade, Paul Young, Level 42

7. Five Star, Silk & Steel

8. Robbie Dupree, Ambrosia, Cliff Richard, Isaac Hayes, ?

9. Urban Cowboy

10. Indecent Proposal

BeckEye said...

1) Cher and Barbra Streisand

2) Vincent Price

3) ?

4) Johnny Angel and ?

5) This will kill me when you reveal the answer because I KNOW those words...just can't get the melody.

6) ?
Lionel Richie
?
Paul Young
Level 42

7) The Jets? s/t?

8) Arrrgh, we had this 45 and I can NOT remember the guy's name
Ambrosia
Cliff Richard (currently on my iPod...everyone makes fun of me for loving this song)
?
Ben E. King

9) Urban Cowboy

10) Groundhog Day

BeckEye said...

Now that I think of "Stand by Me," I know that the Ben E. King version became popular again in the movie, but that was later than 1980. If it was the song from Urban Cowboy, then it was Mickey Gilley.

Malcolm said...

Damn! Mickey Gilley is the right answer for "Stand By Me". I knew it was a country singer, but all I could come up with was Ronnie Milsap (who later remade Any Day Now).

Editor said...

malc,

part of the fun in putting these things together is finding the songs that you loathe as much as finding the hidden gems that you forgot about...

by the way, Sliver was in 1993, just wrong movie. i checked IMDB and "I Got You Babe" was nowhere to be found.

pjazz,

again, right year on Indecent Proposal, but "I Got You Babe" was not found on IMDB...(but overall you did great)

kudos to beck for knowing "I Got You Babe" was crucial to Groundhog Day, one of my favorite movies.

the answers coming tomorrow....

goodnite ya'll,
Editor