Friday, August 22, 2008

Questions (#54): Friday, August 22, 2008

It took long enough to get here this week, but finally it's FRIDAY! Have a good one everybody!

1) Identify the artist and song by these lyrics.
(5 points each) 10

And I can't stop thinkin' about
About the way things used to be
And I can't stop thinkin' about
About the love that you make to me
And I can't get you outta my head
How in the world will I begin
To let you walk right out my life
And blow my heart away

2) Complete these sentences.
(5 points each) 20

I know she’s mine, _______ ___ _______ ____ __ _____.
He was a hard-headed man, he was brutally handsome ___ ___ ___ __________ ______.

3) Identify the group formed by these members: Andrew Gold, Karla Bonoff, Kenny Edwards & Wendy Waldman.
(10 points) 30

4) Identify the artists by these album titles.
(2 points each) 40

Colour By Numbers
Make It Big
Diamond Life
The Secret of Association
Ten Good Reasons

5) Motown’s Temptations have had over 20 members throughout their storied history. Can you name the Classic Five lineup from 1965?
(2 points each) 50

6) Identify these songs by their artists from 1979.
(2 points each) 60

“Ring My Bell”
“Knock On Wood”
“Stumblin’ In”
“Just When I Needed You Most” (and beck thought “Call Me Al” was bad…)
“I Was Made for Dancin’”

7) His real name is Robert Matthew Van Winkle, but you probably know him as?
(10 points) 70

8) What other Beatles’ song can Paul McCartney be heard singing toward the end of “All You Need is Love?”
(10 points) 80

9) Wayman Tisdale, the smooth jazz artist, also used to be a star in the NBA. True or False
(10 points) 90

10) Name their primary songwriting partners throughout their careers.
(2 points each) 100

Elton John
Burt Bacharach
Carole King
Barry Mann
Brian Wilson (he had so many – give me his cousin)

4 comments:

pjazzypar said...

1. Toni Braxton, Breath Again

2. ?, and she was terminally pretty

3. ?

4. Culture Club, Wham, Sade, Paul Young, ?

5. Otis Williams, Paul Williams, Melvin Franklin (David English), Eddie Kendricks, & David (They didn’t fire me I quit!) Ruffin (Malcolm’s favorite group and line up)

6. Anita Ward, Ami Stewart, Suzi Quatro, Randy Vanwarmer (Millie Jackson’s version is superb), Leif Garrett

7. (Ice Ice Baby) Vanilla Ice

8. She Loves You Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

9. True, He played with Indiana, Sacramento, and Phoenix (I am a fan of the game)

10. Bernie Taupin, Hal David, Gerry Goffin, Cynthia Weil, Mike Love

Have a great weekend, catch you on Monday!

BeckEye said...

1) "Breathe Again," Toni Braxton

2) I know she’s mine, because the doggone girl is mine?

He was a hard-headed man, he was brutally handsome and she was terminally pretty.

3) ?

4) Culture Club
Wham!
Sade? (Wasn't this on a recent quiz?)
Paul Young
Dan Fogelberg (I think I'm just gonna start guessing Fogelberg for every answer I don't know.

5) No, I can't!

6) Anita Ward
Amii Stewart
Suzi Quatro and some guy whose name I can't recall
?
Leif Garrett (oh Lord)

7) Vanilla Ice

8) Hmm. I don't know.

9) True?

10) Bernie Taupin
?
Gerry Goffin
?
Mike Love

Editor said...

CONGRATULATIONS & KUDOS go out to beckeye for a) generally being hilarious (if you haven't read her blog, your life will be much improved for a visit over there) and for b) realizing that i asked the Diamond Life - Sade question back on quiz #49.

i'd tell you how that happened, but it's too embarrassing...

Have a GREAT weekend everybody,
Editor

Malcolm said...

1. ?

2. I can show you my receipt?

His name couldn't be Quasimodo?

3. Gold, Bonoff, Edwards &, Waldman?

4. Culture Club, Wham!, Sade, Paul Young, and .38 Special?

5. David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, Paul Williams, Melvin Franklin, and Otis Williams

6. Anita Ward, Amii Stewart, Suzi Quatro & Chris Norman, Randy Van Warmer, Leif Garrett (all all all all night long!)

7. Vanilla Ice (word to yo’ mutha!)

8. She Loves You

9. True

10. Bernie Taupin, Hal David, Gerry Goffin, Cynthia Weil, and Mike Love