Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Questions (#50): Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1) Dan Fogelberg recorded his brilliant album The Innocent Age in 1980-1981. This was a two record set. On the album, he had many guest performers. Pick out the musician who did not play or sing on the album from this list.
(10 points) 10

Joni Mitchell, Stevie Nicks, Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Emmylou Harris

2) Identify the artists from these album titles from 1983.
(2 point each) 20

Burlap & Satin
Alive, She Cried
Cold Blooded
Labour of Love
Kilroy Was Here

3) Identify the artist and the song by these lyrics. (I’ll take one of 2 artists)
(5 points each) 30

Misty morning eyes
I'm trying to disguise the way I feel
But I just can't hide it
People seem to know
The loneliness will show
I'm thinking of my pride
But breaking up inside

4) Identify the artists who performed these songs in 1986.
(2 points each) 40

“Burning Heart”
“Live To Tell”
“Conga”
“Amanda”
“Word Up”

5) Original members of this group included Victor Willis, Felipe Rose, Randy Jones, David Hodo, Glenn Hughes, and Alex Briley. Who are they?
(10 points) 50

6) Probably the most annoying artist of the late 1980s, he is responsible for the song “It Would Take a Strong, Strong Man.” Who is he?
(10 points) 60

7) Who are the songwriters of these songs?
(2 points) 70


“If He’s Ever Near”
“When I Think of You” (1986)
“By the Time I Get To Phoenix”
“Both Sides Now”
“I Wanna Be Your Man”

8) He was born on today, August 13th, 1951 and had album titles of High Country Snows and The Wild Places. Who is he?
(10 points) 80

9) Who was not an original Motown artist?
(2 points each) 90

Smokey Robinson, Tina Turner, Martha Reeves, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Sam & Dave, Marvin Gaye, Rare Earth, The O’Jays, The Stylistics

10) His mother is famous for inventing Liquid Paper. Who is he?
(10 points) 100

3 comments:

Malcolm said...

1. Joni Mitchell?

2. ?, The Doors, Rick James?, UB40?, Styx

3. ?

4. Survivor, Madonna, The Miami Sound Machine, Boston, and Cameo

5. The Village People

6. Rick Astley (aka Richie Cunningham's long lost brother)

7. Carole Bayer Sager?, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Jimmy Webb, Joni Mitchell?, Lennon and McCartney

8. John Mellencamp?

9. Tina Turner,Aretha Franklin, Sam & Dave, The O’Jays, The Stylistics

10. Michael Nesmith

BeckEye said...

1) Stevie Nicks

2)
?
?
?
UB40
Queen

3) Identify the artist and the song by these lyrics. (I’ll take one of 2 artists)
(5 points each) 30

Misty morning eyes
I'm trying to disguise the way I feel
But I just can't hide it
People seem to know
The loneliness will show
I'm thinking of my pride
But breaking up inside

4)
Survivor
Madonna
Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine
Boston
Cameo

5) Menudo? (I know that's not right.)

6) Rick Astley

7)
?
Babyface?
Glen Campbell?
Sammy Hagar (Something tells me this isn't the one you mean, but you didn't give a year or anything.)
For whatever sick reason, I immediately thought of the L.A. Guns song, "I Wanna Be Your Man," but I'm betting you're talking about John Lennon and Paul McCartney!

8) George Strait?

9) Tina Turner and Aretha Franklin

10) Mike Nesmith

BeckEye said...

Oh balls, I just looked at Malcom's answer for "Kilroy Was Here." I can't believe I wrote Queen. I was thinking Styx and that damn robot song. Grrr.

Oh, and the #3 question is still there because I don't know it. Obviously. :)