Saturday, August 23, 2008

Questions (#56): Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1) She was born Virginia Patterson Hensley and has been portrayed by Jessica Lange and Beverly D’Angelo in the movies. Who is she?
(10 points) 10

2) They initially made some recordings with Beach Boy Brian Wilson handling production duties for them and went by the name of Redwood. Who are they?
(10 points) 20

3) Complete these sentences.
(5 points each) 30

And she'll tease you; she'll unease you, ___ ___ ______ ____ __ ______ ___.
Two hearts that beat as one, ___ _____ ____ ____ _____.


4) He was recently nominated for his fifth Golden Globe in 2007 for his songwriting on the movie Bobby and he’s Canadian. Who is he?
(10 points) 40

5) In 2001, Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya & Pink covered a famous 70s hit. Name the original artist and the name of the hit.
(5 points each) 50

6) Though her debut came as recent as 2001, she’s already accomplished the following: 11 Grammys, 17 Billboard Music Awards, 3 American Music Awards and over 30 million records sold. Who is she?
(10 points) 60

7) This single made it to Number 2 on the American charts in 1991 and onto the New Jack City soundtrack. It’s by a male R&B vocal group formed in Oklahoma City. Name the song and the group.
(5 points each) 70

8) He recently turned 70 on August 21 and he’s had 70+ chart singles on all charts combined, primarily pop and country. He was also voted the “Favorite Singer of All Time” in 1986 from a joint People Magazine & USA Today poll. Who is he? (Hint: his first hit was in 1967 as part of a group).
(10 points) 80

9) Name the two groups Rod Stewart played with before going solo in 1969.
(5 points each) 90

10) This song has been on the Animal House soundtrack and has been covered by Peter Criss of KISS. It went to Number #1 in July of 1961. Name the artist and the song. (Hint: it’s pretty much a standard on oldies compilations).
(5 points each) 100

5 comments:

BeckEye said...

1) Patsy Cline

2) ?

3) And she'll tease you; she'll unease you, all the better just to please you.

Two hearts that beat as one, ? (Crap. The only song I can think of is U2's "Two Hearts Beat as One," but there's no "that" in there. Getting the melody right is the trick to this one...)

4) Because I have no idea, I'll go with Bryan Adams.

5) "Lady Marmalade," LaBelle

6) Norah Jones?

7) "I Wanna Sex You Up," Color Me Badd (*groan*)

8) This question is really driving me nuts! I'll have to guess Eric Clapton, even though I don't think he's quite reached 70 yet.

9) The Small Faces and ?

10) "Louie Louie," The Kingsmen

Malcolm said...

1. Patsy Cline

2. Three Dog Night?

3. Just to please you? And Two of hearts, come on

4. Bryan Adams?

5. Labelle, Lady Marmalade

6. Alicia Keys

7. I Wanna Sex U Up, Color Me Badd

8. Glen Campbell?

9. Steam Packet? And The Faces

10. Tossin’ and Turnin’? by Bobby Lewis?

By the way Editor, my weekly game of Tuesday Trivia is up in case you want to check it out.

pjazzypar said...

1. Patsy Cline

2. Three Dog Night

3. All the better just to please you, Two love hearts come on

4. Brian Adams

5. Lady Marmalade, Patti Labelle

6. Alicia Keys

7. Color Me Bad, I Wanna Sex You Up ( I hate this song)

8. Kenny Rogers, The First Edition, I just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In (I am such a show off!)

9. The Faces, ?

10. Bobby Lewis, Tossin & Turnin

BeckEye said...

After being distracted ALL DAY at work today, I think I finally have #8 figured out!!! Is it Kenny Rogers?

BeckEye said...

Holy shnikeys, I posted that at the same time Pjazzy gave her answer!

Well, Kenny's not my favorite singer because of the way he treated his Becky in "Coward of the County." Sheesh.

Anyway, Editor and pjazzy, my '80s music quiz is still open. I'll be posting the answers late on Thursday. I think Malcolm is winning at this point, so if anyone would like to knock him out of the ring, here's your chance. :)

Link to quiz