Friday, June 6, 2008

Questions (#22): Monday, June 9, 2008

1) Who are Marc Gordon, Larry Cox, John Stevenson, Walter Nims, and Sonny Geraci? (Huge Hint: they are a true one hit wonder with the hit coming in 1972 and have been referred to as “bargain basement Carpenters” because the “hit” was so schmaltzy).
(5 points for the artist and 5 points for the hit’s title) 10

2) This song starts out “One month ago today, I was happy as a lark.” (That always cracked me up). What group sang the song?
(5 points for the group and 5 points for the song title) 20

3) The song was “Time Won’t Let Me,” a big hit for this group in 1966. Who are they?
(10 points) 30

4) In the summer of 1970, Alive N’ Kickin’ hit it big with a hit that went to Number #7. Who is the title of the song?
(10 points) 40

5) One of the Righteous Brothers last hits was “Rock & Roll Heaven” in the mid 70s. Who was the songwriter?
(10 points) 50

6) David Howell Evans is better known by his stage name. What is that name?
(10 points) 60

7) This song was about the rocky relationship between the Clash’s Mick Jones and Meatloaf’s backup singer, Ellen Foley. It was on their Combat Rock LP. What is the song’s title?
(10 points) 70

8) They had a Number #1 hit with this song in 1978. Name the song and the artist.
(5 points each) 80

Spending all my nights,
All my money going out on the town
Doing anything just to get you off of my mind
But when the morning comes,
I'm right back where I started again
Trying to forget you is just a waste of time

9) They went “Walking on the Moon” in 1979. Who are they?
(10 points) 90

10) Back in 1968, what group covered the Beatles’ “The Fool on the Hill” with success?
(10 points) 100

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

1. Climax feat. Sonny Geraci, Precious and Few (thanks for the hint. Otherwise, I would have slipped up and put The Outsiders)

2. ?

3.The Outsiders

4. Tighter and Tighter

5. Johnny Rivers?

6. The Edge?

7. Train In Vain (Stand By Me)?

8. One of These Nights, The Eagles?

9. The Police

10. Sergio Mendes and the Brasil '66?

pjazzypar said...

1. Climax, Precious and Few

2. Chi Lites, Have You Seen Her (I guess Larks can be happy too)

3. The Outsiders

4. Tighter, Tighter

5. Dianne Warren? I have no idea

6. The Edge

7. Should I Stay or Should I Go

8. Baby Come Back, Player (I love this song)

9. The Police

10. Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66