Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Questions (#27): Friday, June 20, 2008

1) He released two very successful albums back to back in 1976 and 1978. Alan Parsons produced both of them. Who is the artist and what are the names of the albums?
(3 points each) 9

2) What was the name of Boz Scaggs’ follow-up single to “Lowdown” from the Silk Degrees album?
(11 points) 20

3) Name these duet partners.
(2 points each) 30
“You And I”
“Baby Come To Me”
“We’ve Got Tonight”
“Tonight I Celebrate My Love”
“Where Is The Love”

4) Identify the following song title by these lyrics and the artists:
(5 points each) 40

I sat here, staring at the same old wall
Came back to life just when I got your call
I wished I could climb
Right through the telephone line
And give you what you want
So you would still be mine

5) Their two biggest hits are “Twilight Zone” and “Radar Love.” Who are they?
(10 points) 50

6) This song was covered by J. Frank Wilson & the Cavaliers in 1964 and Pearl Jam in 1999, becoming their biggest single hit on the Billboard charts to date. What is the title of the song?
(10 points) 60

7) Rob Grill continues to tour today with new members of this group that was popular between 1966 and 1975. What is their name?
(10 points) 70

8) In 1968, they had a big hit with “Simon Says.” Who are they?
(10 points) 80

9) Who are three artists who had a hit with two different songs by the same title, “Cherish”?
(3 points each) 89

10) She’s a very “smooth operator.” Who is she?
(11 points) 100

7 comments:

pjazzypar said...

1. Pink Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon and Somewhere I Never Traveled?

2. Lido Shuffle

3. Eddie Rabbitt & Crystal Gaye, James Ingram &Patti Austin, Kenny Rogers & Sheena Easton, Roberta Flack & Peabo Bryson, Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway

4. My favorite Peaches & Herb song “Reunited”

5. Golden Earring

6. Last Kiss?

7. The Grass Roots

8. 1910 Fruitgum Company

9. Association, Kool & The Gang, Madonna

10. Helen Falasade Adu (Sade)

Malcolm said...

1. Gary Wright, Dream Weaver and Love Is Alive?
2. Lido Shuffle?
3. Crystal Gayle and Eddie Rabbit, Patti Austin and James Ingram, Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton, Roberta Flack and Peabo Bryson, Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway
4. ?
5. Golden Earring
6. Last Kiss
7. The Grass Roots
8. The 1910 Fruitgum Co.
9. The Association, David Cassidy, and Kool & the Gang
10. Sade

Now that I see Pjazzy's answer for #4, I know why I missed it. I hate that f****** song.

BeckEye said...

1) Oh, I'll guess Leo Sayer. Why not?

2) "Lido?"

3) Eddie Rabbit & Crystal Gayle; James Ingram & Someone; Kenny Rogers & Dottie West (originally) and Sheena Easton & Bob Seger (cover); Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack; no idea

4) "Reunited," Peaches & Herb

5) Golden Earring

6) "Last Kiss"

7) The Grass Roots?

8) Paula Abdul & Randy Jackson ;)

9) Madonna, The Association, and uhhhh...Boyz II Men?

10) Sade

pjazzypar said...

Malcolm,

I can't believe you don't like "Reunited", it's much better than "Shake a Groove Thing" (lol)

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy, I was surprised when I found out last week that you don't like Funkytown. Now I find that you aren't down with Shake Your Groove Thing, lol.

Reunited is right up there with American Pie. If it comes on the radio, I can't get to the dial fast enough. Another thing about Reunited is that it's one of those songs that's on many 70s soul collections. I have it on at least 2 compilations! There is no escaping it... aaahhh!!

Editor said...

I'll weigh in and say I detest "American Pie." Everytime I hear those opening words "long, long time ago," I change the station because it hasn't been long enough.

Other sicko refrains are:

"we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun"

"joy to the world, all the boys and girls, joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea, joy to you and me"

"anything by Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, Wayne Newton or Bobby Goldsboro"

Have a GREAT weekend ya'll!

pjazzypar said...

Come on Editor,

You don't mean to tell me that you don't like "Honey", "Mandy", and "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show". I can't believe you and Malcolm (lol). Have a great weekend yourself.